Problem with the air flap in Opel Zafira
In the case of Opel Zafira B (2005-2009) equipped with air conditioning, damage to the drive between the circulating air flap shaft and the flap causes malfunctions. This problem can be solved with the use of a repair kit (93196653).
HELLA specialists suggest a repair involving the installation of a modified circulating air flap housing and replacing the short flap motor shaft with a longer variant.
To replace the components, the following steps must be taken:
- Unbolt the blower motor from the recirculating air flap (photo)
- Loosen the housing of the circulating air flap on the motor side
- Remove the housing
- Remove the recirculating air flap motor (photo) with shaft from the old housing
- Remove the short shaft and install the long shaft from the repair kit (drawing)
- Install the motor with shaft in a new housing
- Install the circulating air damper housing and blower motor.
After replacement, check the basic setting or operation of the component.